Tuesday, June 9, 2015

FC: Final Thoughts


So of course, every school year must come to an end. In the past I have always been extremely excited for the summer and longed for the last day of school. The last 10 days would always go by slower than the last 5 minutes in a NBA game. This year, yes the days are going by  but instead of wishing for them to speed up, I wish they could go even slower. Now don't get me wrong, I am beyooooond tired of school. However, I am beyooond nervous about whats to come next. Unlike all of the past years, I am not going to the same school. Hell! Im not even going to be in the same state! Just thinking about being virtually all alone in a place where I dont know my right from my left. 

College is completely different than high school. And Saint Peter's University is completely different than Thurgood Marshall Academy. I do not know what to expect and there more questions and wondering than any answers. What's my roommate going to be like? Will my mentor understand my lazy ways? Will he even care? Will my professors show the same amount of motivation as my high school teachers did?  I'd like to think that all of the answers to these questions will be the ones that I am rooting for, but I know better than to expect everything to go how I want it. 


The reality of it is that there is no way for me to know the answers to any of these questions until  I experience the situations myself. And in order for me to do that, I have to push my worries to the side, put one foot forward, and leave the nest to go to college. Just as I have to with my first home, I have to leave TMA which will not be an easy task. Through all of the ups and downs, I can honestly say that my TMA experience has prepared me for my new chapter in life which is furthering my education and becoming a Saint Peter’s Peacock! Although I am thrilled to be an official Peacock I am a Lady Panther for life and will continue to show TMA pride! TMA will forever be engraved in my memory as the place where dreams, leaders, and conquerors are made. I will go where there is not path and create my own, leaving a trail for others to aspire to.

It has been an amazing time at TMA and I can honestly say that I'm sad to go. I came to Thurgood the summer before 7th grade and I hated it. It wasn’t until I entered high school, that I realized TMA's extraordinary qualities, like the incredible and long lasting friendships it creates. Shout out to my BOMB squad, Chey, Nere, and Jelly! I love you guys more than words can express and I wouldn’t ask for any better group of friends. You helped me through these last few stressful years with laughs, love, and inspiration, and for that I thank you. But I can't forget the new additions Aqua, Tahera, and Yomi. You guys were unexpected but I love and appreciate you just as much! And you can always sit with us (inside joke.) To the senior class, I hope your dreams take you to the highest of your hopes, the windows of your opportunities, and the most special places your heart has ever known. I'd say bye, but it's never byes, always see you later's!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment